It was another rainy day and L’il E was a tired baby after a weekend away at Nana and Papa’s so he napped while I was busy in the kitchen. I made a batch of banana chocolate chip muffins and a pot of cream of broccoli soup (yum!). I love having portions of homemade soup in the freezer.
Itching for some homemade soup too?
Here’s what you need:
- 4 cups broccoli florets (2 heads of broccoli)
- 1.5 cups veg stock
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepp to taste
- Cook broccoli until tender in boiling water, drain.
- Add veg stock to cooked broccoli and puree in a food processor.
- In a pot on medium heat mix butter, flour, and coconut milk and cheese until bubbling.
- Add broccoli puree to milk mixture and stir until heated through.
Serve with warm baguette and cheese on a cold rainy day.