Sometimes you just need a sweet, warm, fluffy muffin to make everything better and Saturday morning I needed just that. While L’il E squealed in delight eating his Cheerios and banana in almond milk I browsed bleery-eyed through several of my fave cookbooks. I decided on Gwyneth’s recipe for Blythe’s blueberry muffins in My Father’s Daughter, but given my wheat-free restrictions a little experimenting was in order. To my surprise I created a very yummy muffin that was light and airy to boot!
- 8 tbsps butter (that’s one stick), melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used homo milk)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (instead, I used 1 cup oat flour and 1 cup spelt flour)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (next time I will use only a 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups blueberries (we didn’t have blueberries so I used 2 cups raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Whisk melted butter, eggs and milk together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and don’t over mix, this produces tough muffys.
- Fold in raspberries or blueberries, whatever you’re using.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Eat warm. They won’t last long!