I’m waiting for my fabric to wash and dry (pouf project) so to kill some time I’m making banana bread (yum!). I’ve been using this recipe (thanks mom!) for ages and what I like most is it’s written out on this note paper that I remember having when I was a kid (the paper is wrinkled, slopped on and worn, but I’m keeping it this way).
So without further ado here it is for you to try:
- 1 cup sugar (I do half brown, half white)
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (tip: I hate ripe bananas so when they ripen I throw them in the freezer so I always have banana’s kicking around to use)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional but highly recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy adding eggs one at a time, beat well
3. In a small bowl mash bananas, add the baking soda, milk and cinnamon
4. In another bowl mix dry ingredients
5. Add banana mixture to creamed mixture stir until combined then add dry ingredients and mix. If you’re using chocolate chips add them in as well.
6. Bake in a loaf pan for 1 hour 10 minutes. (Check on the loaf at the one hour mark you don’t want to over bake and dry it out.) If you want to mix things up you can also spoon the mixture into muffin tins, bake time is slightly less around 45 minutes.