It’s Friday and I need a drink (ha!) well just a little drink I am nursing my l’il E after all. Who knew having a baby would bring on so much stress (like more stress than when I was working).
So I spied up this beaut of a tipple in last weekend’s Globe and Mail – the Orange Blossom Special. I haven’t tried it yet, but my mouth watered when I read the ingredients so I will be putting it on my to-make list. For now I’m sipping on a glass of red (oh how I’ve missed you!)
Here’s what you need:
- 2 ounces citrus vodka
- Juice from one blood orange (I will likely just use a regular orange)
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 drop orange blossom water (say what? not sure what this is but really will you miss one drop?)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Splash of soda water
- Pour all the ingredients except the soda water over ice in a shaker.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a rock glass filled with ice.
- Top with the soda water, garnish with a large orange twist.