It’s too hot to eat these days. So for dinner I made something nice and light.
Grilled halibut and a lemon, cilantro, chickpea quinoa salad.
We don’t often buy halibut (it’s too many dollah billz) but I splurged on my grocery run this weekend. So we grilled that up on the BBQ with just a light dusting of salt and pep and I found a delish recipe for a lemony quinoa salad. I must say the salad was the highlight (I could not stop eating it!) and so I’m going to share it with you. You could serve this up with just about anything – chicken, fish or just eat it on it’s own.
Here’s my adaptation of The Lazy Girl Fitness’ recipe.
Lemon Cilantro Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (room temperature or chilled)
- a bunch of fresh cilantro
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a food processor chop up fresh cilantro, garlic, spinach and red onion.
- Transfer chopped up mixture into a large bowl, add chickpeas and quinoa, stir until combined and quinoa is covered in mixture.
- In a separate dish whisk together juice from one lemon, lemon zest, Dijon mustard and olive oil.
- Pour dressing mixture over quinoa mixture and combine.
- Let stand for 5 minutes so that the flavours blend and serve.
Trust me, you won’t be able to stop going in for seconds, thirds and fourths!